Wk 12 — Art Activity — New Friends
- link to padlet board
- I knew him from a past project which is why I texted him to see if he would want to be partners.
- I know Aidan a lot better now because we have been texting this whole week and he is a good person to do group projects as well.
- Yes, it does seem like a good way to make connections because otherwise it is a bit awkward to see someone on Zoom and text just because of social norms.
- I think another way to make connections online is following new people on Instagram. I was able to follow Aidan on Instagram and it gives you a bit of insight into their world.
- My partner and I used discord in order to communicate. It worked well because this semester mini classes have been using discord so we were both really used to it. In addition, we had used discord before on a different group project so we were familiar with the app. I don't think another app would have been better just because discord is easy to use and we are familiar with it.
- Padlet did work for me and it was easy to use. I think with more practice the posts could get better and it did communicate well. For this kind of project I think it was a good platform to show everything we had been talking about this week.
- If the goal was to obtain professional connections you could connect through apps such as LinkedIn and it would be a bit harder to use people in a general class because you would want someone who is in your field.